Quick boiler/JB question....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mates just called me, he's just had his boiler replaced by a well known national company, and he's expressed concern about how the boiler has been wired. He was told its fine by the installer and that the job is now complete and commisioned...

The existing boiler feed (1.5T&E) has been joined to a 3 core flex in what sounds like a 30A JB (3" black round thing.... his description) within the casing... however the JB is not physically attached to anything (he says its rested on top of the incoming gas pipe).

He wants me to give him some ammo before he complains, my thought was it would come under mechanical stress on the terminations, however I've left the big red book at work.........

I know how good you guys are at reg numbers.... :D

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest you look at isolation and fusing.

The boiler is fine on a 1.5mm spur which should term on a f/spur (3 amp fuse) and the flex run out from there. Check the boiler makers installation sheet for exact electrical requirements.

Having a go at the fitter for providing a j/b is sort of right since it's not fixed, but in the scheme of things isn't exactly punishable by death and will make your 'mate' out to seem overly petty and a Mr Jobsworth.

If your going to create a complaint, do it with a bit more meat than just a job that's missing a fixing !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back