Quick loft job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and girls..i want to flooboard my loft , but the people who put up the loft instattation ran it over all the beams..now instead of cutting it all. can i just squash it down by just putting the boards over the top.....whould this cause any kind of problem??? regards kev

Sponsored Links
Are you saying there's already loft insulation in between ceiling joists and another insulation on top going across it in opposite direction or just one layer across the ceiling joists?

Thats for answering.. there is 1 1 lot of installation going over the top of all joists. them i go into the loft all i see is instullation no view of any joists. I was wondering if i just throw and screw the floorboard over it all( meaning it get squashed on the joist area) would ie be a problem later on for me...i am not clued up on loft flooring as u can tell..

Okay, can you measure the thickness of the loft insulation?

Also is it a newly build home because they have to have 250mm insulation thickness.

Sponsored Links
I did hear somthing about regulations being 250mm.. do u think i need to lay 250mm down before i floorboad it....

only if you want to if you are going to just chuck boards down watch out for any wires that may be over the top of the ceiling ties.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back