Quick question about window beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

I've jus bought a new wooden window frame.

It's made by premdor, and comes with all the beadings temporary tacked into the frame.

One of the beads is a little unusual (to me). It has little plastig bits on it, and what appears to be a drip edge.

I'm a little unsure how it is supposed to be installed.

Beading:
IMGP3483.jpg

Like this so it forms a drip edge?
IMGP3488.jpg

or like this so it is flush with the front of the frame?
IMGP3491.jpg

Or something completely different altogether?

Thanks for reading :)

Sponsored Links
My guess would be that it depends on the thickness of the glass unit (single or double glazed) you're putting in, so the drip moulding gives some kind of variable option (possibly the bit you're running along the base actually presses up against the glass - hence the nylon spacers).

Thanks.

The nylon bits extend slightly onto the back of the beading where the glass would go as it is now, so I think I've got it in the right way.

Variable would make sense

Thanks.

The nylon bits extend slightly onto the back of the beading where the glass would go as it is now, so I think I've got it in the right way.

After a moments reflection, so do I. Would have helped if I had considered this before. Sorry.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back