Quick question-new light fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to replace my ceiling rose and wire in my new chandelier.

My ceiling rose contains the exact wires shown in the diagram attached. I know it's bad practice to tape up the 3 red wires and should go into a choc box however, the terminal block on my new light has SENL so am I right to assume the three red can safely go into the L Connection on my new light with no problems? Also all three earth to go together? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 169
Sponsored Links
Hi, yes you are correct, remember to use earth sleeving(y)

Regards,

DS

No, if you put the 3 reds into the L connection the light would be permanently on.

Sponsored Links
Yeah the L connection says next to it "no connection to light fitting" so nothing will be connected the other side of it and into the light so just wanted to double check thanks

No, if you put the 3 reds into the L connection the light would be permanently on.
For Winston's education

Three reds are Loop IN, Loop OUT, Live to Switch

I don't need educating on that. He said he was putting the reds which are permanent live into the L connection of the light. The L connection one would assume is the live of the light but it appears it was a loop terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back