Quick Question on Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am in the process of converting a room into a studio for playing guitar and other such things.
Its has a single skin external wall on one side and was going to put in some Celotex on that side.

For the other walls i would like to sound proof somehow (as far as possible) and was wondering what has the best bang for buck sound proofing properties. There are four areas of concern here.

1. One wall has the doorway so was thinking of a thick curtain on this side plus some insulation of whatever is the best (assuming i can afford it).
2. One wall has a utility room behind so not that concerned but will have noisy washing machine/dryer etc in there.
3. One wall is the dining room
4. The ceiling has a bedroom above it and absolutely no insulation whatsoever in there.

The questions here are really what to use

a) Celotex (probably 70mm)
b) Bog standard rock wall (as much as i can stuff in there
c) Acoustic Rock wool (not too sure if this is any different to b)

I am studding this out currently because the walls are soooo bad which gives me the opportunity to install this installation.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Studding
Fill with acoustic wool
Resilient bars
Sound block board
3mm gap all around the edge of board by using packers and remove when fitted and fill with acoustic mastic.

Thing is with sound proofing it's all or nothing.

https://www.ccfltd.co.uk have trade outlets around UK

Don't really work trying to reduce noise tinkering. Need to do it properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back