Quick question on smart thermostat wiring with pic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Please look at back of thermostat in pic and tell me where the switched live goes. (I have live, neutral & switched live from wall)

thanks
w.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
It is a non branded Chinese gas boiler thermostat ..
:rolleyes: So not compliant with any UK regulations then, presumably....

At a guess I'd say you'd need to link 1 to 4 and put your switch Live into 2, but without knowing whether the switching side is capable of handling the required load it's not possible to say whether this would be safe to do

Get a multimeter, power up the stat, no call test continuity across T1- T2, if it's open circuit and then have the stat call for heat and see if you now get continuity across T1- T2.
If you do then T1- T2 is switched closed so @muggles would be the solution, if, as he mentions, the stat is capable of taking 240v @ 6amps, across the switch without melting :cautious:

According to the diagram there is no internal bridge from the L to T1, when the stat is calling, so can't see how T1 would become a switched live @240v. Is there no paperwork that came with the stat?

610Es2TRG5L._SL1139_.jpg

If it's the Programmable Thermostat, Arxus Modern Smart Round LCD Touch Screen (bht6000) then I'm not sure about that. If its the GB version for electric heating then yup, T1 is live, if it's the GC version (as in the OP's picture) then there's no live at T1, it's a (dry) volt free contact. Therefore you'd need to bridge from live to T1. It does state it's 3A/16A switching, model dependent, so should be able to take a 240v supply but I'd check it out thoroughly beforehand.

Ah, I wasn't aware of there being 3 versions of that stat and was looking at the instructions for the GB version.

Hi
It is the GC pic in madrabs post.

So it's a bridge from 4 to 1 then?

A few conflicting ideas here.

My current stat is the GB pic. It is for underfloor but it works fine with the boiler, and as @ajstoneservices services says, it is the switched live to L1.

Any defining answers?

Yup, I thought that at first too, GB meaning a Great Britain version but seems it's just the version letters they have used.

If it's the GB version then you need to bridge from L to T1, T2 then becomes the switched live. The GC version is internally bridged and then T1 is the switched live.

With an electric boiler/heater it would take it's power direct from T1 (L) and T2 (N) up to a max draw of 16A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back