Quick Question!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What cable should be used for a cooker radial. it will be a single fan oven powering the hob ignition and extractor??

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
If you knew for certain that nobody would ever want more, and you aren't having a socket on it, a 15A radial would do. 2.5mm would be plenty (even 1.5mm would probably do depending on installation).

But when you consider the time and effort of installing it, and the fact that in the future somebody might feel the urge to have a double oven, or an electric cooker, I'd spend a bit more on cable and run it in 6mm that could later be use for a 32A radial and save a lot of later time, trouble and expense.

Ok thanks. Have been searching through old posts on this subject (quite a few!!). It is still not clear whether to keep the ignition and hood on this radial, would having the hood on whilst cooking not leave enough to run the oven also, or are hoods not that powerful. We're having a gas hob so no probs there. Also, can I spur off from the cooker switch to switch the hob and fan in, I wouldn't have thought this good practice but have read it suggested???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back