Quick Saniflo plus question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Ive had the enviable task of stripping down my Saniflo unit today. It's for the most part, cleaned up but I have a question on the shower inlet pipe. Should this be non return? When I first cleaned it, no water was running out from it but the float was wedged down with carp. No it's clean water is running out from it when Im cleaning the unit. I don't want to reassemble only to have to replace this if its faulty. Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance
IMG_0048.JPG

Sponsored Links
It won`t close until enough water is inside the tank to raise the float and put pressure on the cap. Pull the valve out and check inside it for any muck. The other valve won`t come out until the blank cap is removed.

Thanks. Got it all back together after a good clean up and is working as if it was new :)

Maybe you've discovered your new vocation ;) most people won't touch these so Saniflo engineers are quite well paid!

Sponsored Links
I was a bit dubious but it's nothing a pair of marigolds can't handle!

The thing is with a Macerator, you are dealing with one family's waste. Start dealing with sewage pumping stations and you're faced with a lot of family's, (or possibly the entire town's), waste..... :whistle:

The thing is with a Macerator, you are dealing with one family's waste. Start dealing with sewage pumping stations and you're faced with a lot of family's, (or possibly the entire town's), waste..... :whistle:
Agree Hugh, that is a whole different ball game! :eek:

When our Sanislim packed up years ago, I took the lid off, heaved, heaved again, heaved once more, triple wrapped it in strong black bags, chucked it out, bought another one and did a straight swap. Cost me about £300 but I considered it money well spent. I couldn't, just couldn’t. My stomach is too weak for that. OP, give yourself a pat on the back but wash your hands first!

That is the main problem with the slim, it has a small tank so gets dirty inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back