Quieter Cutting? electric wheel cutter or mechanical cutter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Basically i will doing quite a bit of wall tiling in a new flat. Until now i've always used an electric wheel tile cutter, but am wondering about switching to a mechanical cutter - the ones that scribe then break the tile -
i really want to keep the noise down so as not to annoy the new neighbours too much!

Are these mechanical ones easy to learn to use and would a budget one be ok for the old fashioned thin 6x6 bathroom tiles (no floor tiles)?

Or should i stick with my noisy machine cutter?

Any advice appreciated

Pete

Sponsored Links
The mechanical ones are easy enough to master. Just buy a few extra tiles and have a practice.

I would, however, recommend that you buy one of the more sturdy metal 'cheapies' rather then one of those plastic ones you buy in B&Q which will remail nameless.

Keep the electric cutter for doing the awkward tiles around corners though as they are indespensible for that.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Paul Eamonn

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back