Quite frankly I'm getting pi**ed off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why once again, has a topic been locked by the mods, immediately after Softus slated somebody who made a mistake.
I for one would have loved to be able to tell Softus just what I think of his sanctimonious, supercillious, ramblings to Rolo who has just joined the ranks of a house owner.
Once again he gets the last word and nobody is allowed to respond.
Does he have friends upstairs.?
I will be very surprised if this allowed through by the mods.
If it does make it, may I say to Softus, you are indeed well read, and very knowledgable in many subjects, and this forum would be all the poorer without you, but there comes a point when your sarcasm transcends your literary effort.
I am now going for a lie down. :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
i have to say i agree wholeheartadly with your comments. i know some of the last threads locked have been where we have hadwords, but i dont like the way he delights on jumping on people and trying to score points of the back of misfortune.

i dont like the way he delights on jumping on people and trying to score points of the back of misfortune.

Having been on the recieving end on the odd occasion I know only too well what you mean. It is worse when my 12 year old son is sitting alongside me when the slanging begins. When the likes of Softus turns on a newcomer, what is that guy to think? Perhaps someone recommended DIYnot to Rolo, would they be happy? Would the advertisers be happy about the way the likes of Softus can abuse the system that they pay for.

There must come a time when Admin will decide that enough is enough
and take real control! And real control means censoring those who abuse the system!

ps Spell check highlight 'occassion' but didn't offer the drop 1 's' solution. Why?

If you want to be free of Softus's tongue - kick his ass a few times. Have you ever noticed that he leaves me alone?

Sponsored Links
joe 90 - but isn't he supposed to be you ? ;)

To be honest, albeit Softus can be a pain in the ass, it is worrying that there are two separate threads attacking him at the moment. Given the incredible amount of time he spends on the forum, replying to just about everything, he appears not to have a 'significant other' in his life (he would never have time to exchange a word with him/her and not many will stand for that), or even a dog to walk. So he could be like he is because he is lonely and frustrated and needs the outlet the forum obviously gives him. So I for one would not support an 'open season' on him as we know nothing of his personal circumstances.

Gawd, I must be getting soft (NO pun intended !)

Perry

I think he is a helpful guy and a good character to the forum.

I hope the mods will not allow personal attacks on anyone! :rolleyes:

christ. some on here are asking for softus to get a life when perhaps the reverse is true.

softus seems to enjoy a bit of healthy debate and i dont recall him being nasty to anyone who hasnt been nasty to him first (perhaps to tony...but thats entirely acceptable). he puts many valid points across and often plays devils advocate when no one else is willing or capable.

the ones who call him abusive are the ones i see with some very sour grapes.

I have no problem with Softus having a go at most of us.
We probably deserve it and if truth be known I quite enjoy it when it is aimed at somebody who deserves it.
Not to happy when its me though.
I even admit that I look out specially for his posts.
It's just when he picks on somebody who has the temerity to admit to him that they made a mistake.
Smacks to me of a school playground bully.

I will concede that I was harsh on Rolo. The topic took a direction that I didn't intend or plan, and I was foolish.

Rolo, if you're reading this, I apologise unreservedly. If you feel willing to have another go, I'll either shut up or be more supportive.

anobium, thank you for pointing it out.

joe-90 - don't push your luck.
slaphappy.gif

softus seems to enjoy a bit of healthy debate and i dont recall him being nasty to anyone who hasnt been nasty to him first

Then you should read some of the earliest of his posts, and come to that some of the later ones. He is rather like a soap opera equivalent on the forums. ie could be seen as something like real life but always with the insidious picky attitude bordering on domestic violence, but never quite close enough.

"I will concede that I was harsh on Rolo",
"if you're reading this, I apologise unreservedly"
I think the point Softus, is that you have been extremely harsh on a great many subcribers. What gives you the right to tear to bits, a guy whose only 'crime' is to ask for advice? The answer is of course, that you have no such right. In my opinion, the only reason that you are allowed to continue to abuse the system, is that Admin and the Mods have let you go too far already to stop you now. There is no need to be rude and with your command of language,there is certainly no need to swear. OK, so you are going to let up on Rolo. Why not adopt the same attitude towards all newcomers as well as those who dont have the wherewithall to put up a reasonable stand against you.

softus seems to enjoy a bit of healthy debate and i dont recall him being nasty to anyone who hasnt been nasty to him first

Then you should read some of the earliest of his posts, and come to that some of the later ones. He is rather like a soap opera equivalent on the forums. ie could be seen as something like real life but always with the insidious picky attitude bordering on domestic violence, but never quite close enough.

and WTF is that meant to mean :rolleyes:

and WTF is that meant to mean :rolleyes:

It means,I think, that Softus is a cardboard character who hides behind a computer monitor saying nasty things to anonymous people that he wouldn't have the guts to face up to in real life

The best way to deal with him, is to ignore him completely, I would imagine he is used to that in his REAL life.

This was quoted directly to Softus

moderator 3 said:
Only one of you, sorry I just seen your loads of usernames, please tell me that they are not all yours?

So those people who choose to ignore him, can,t.

So Softus, from a man who says he is 100% honest, just how many names do you post under, and why?

Sponsored Links
Back