Quiz (restricted access)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, thought I'd might give an alternative view, the EU is not perfect, my personel view is we would be better in the EU than out, I just find most of the comments on GD are overwhelmingly right wing and doesn't hurt to have another opinion. It's my view and doesn't hurt go try and balance things. If you are happy reading The Sun and the rest of similar rags, good luck to you.

Perhaps you'd prefer this article
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/18/eu-referendum-paul-mason

Sponsored Links
Hi, thought I'd might give an alternative view, the EU is not perfect, my personel view is we would be better in the EU than out, I just find most of the comments on GD are overwhelmingly right wing and doesn't hurt to have another opinion. It's my view and doesn't hurt go try and balance things. If you are happy reading The Sun and the rest of similar rags, good luck to you.
I agree. I've yet to make up my mind about the EU, but I don't like this idea where the UK will be completely lost without it, or that the UK was utterly useless before the EU started. Some ranting needs to be researched really and some proper, valid important points to be made (not really about mobile phone bills!) as I would love to know them. Also some patience to those who do not have views that are the same wouldn't go amiss.

A reply like PBC's which, when asked for examples, just throws in vague flannel, is very unconvincing.
Let's pick just one thing related to the environment to be going on with then: The Clean Air Act 1956.

Hooray, that's great, a clear reply.

But "Try to give us a few things off that list that the UK could have done, and did do, without EU help or prompting."

It's not off that list.

Why limit it to that list? And how about also considering things where the U.K. was already doing well and EU interference worsened the situation?

Sponsored Links
Because I have never claimed (as deceitful people might pretend) that the UK never did anything before or without the EU.

But there were lots of vague, resentful, unsubstantiated attacks on the list.

1,,,It couldn't have brought in a "freedom to live, work or invest in other countries" law

2,,,It couldn't have brought European countries so close together that war between them would be unthinkable
1, If you want to go work and live in an EU country, you have to have a valid UK passport, enough money to support yourself for about 5 yrs and comprehensive medical insurance... EU immigrants into the UK, only require a valid passport. Nothing else.. Someone from Poland could turn up at Dover with a valid passport and absolutely no money whatsoever. The same person could also get free NHS treatment and out of work benefits (without having paid a cent into our system) So tell me , why can't us Brits do exactly the same across the EU? (perhaps you think this is fair and equitable?? I don't)

2 Fair enough, perhaps war between EU countries is a thing of the past,, but recent events show that EU countries are now fighting terrorism (France a prime example) If that's not war,, what is it?? (and please don't resort to being pedantic and say they aren't at war with each other,, because the way it's going, everyone's going to be at war with Germany soon, because of their stance on inviting all and sundry to Europe (Or is it a case of Germany bringing the war to the EU ?) )

1) I have never suggested that different EU countries should have different rules on freedom of movement. You are right, they should be harmonised more, and, as a whole, we should be less tolerant of opt-outs and special treatment, like, er, er, Pig-boy wanted.

2) I have never lived through a year without terrorism. Mostly, for me, IRA, but also the Bader-Meinhof gang, the Basque separatists, EOKA, Greek Communists... Can you name a terrorism-free year?

Germany starting a war in Europe? It's not as if that's ever happened before, is it?
Well spotted. Also France starting wars in Europe. And that was one of the prime drivers for the people who set up the Coal and Steel federation, and subsequent steps towards European integration. They had just lived through the most devastating war the world has ever seen, and wanted to make another European war inconceivable by bringing the countries together. I'm glad you agree.

Because I have never claimed (as deceitful people might pretend) that the UK never did anything before or without the EU.

But there were lots of vague, resentful, unsubstantiated attacks on the list.
John, you are the most deceitful person here.. You like to post here and do your best to wind folk up and then you delete their posts and when they really get annoyed, you then ban them.... You also allow Himaginn to keep returning with different aliases you really are the lowest of the low

You should follow up your concerns. How are you getting on with your latest alias? Are you enjoying your trolling hobby, as you said before "the purpose of what I say is not whether it is right or wrong but to get you fools to wast countless hours trawling through loads of pointless posts so that you can feel superior on a grotty little DIY forum... I see it as a job creation scheme for muppets"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back