quote for 51m of fence !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had a quote for a fence for my.garden and am looking for any opinions on the price of it !
The fence is 31m of 2.4m high and 20m of 1.8m high. Also included is removal of old posts which we are using and for them to be concreted in.
The price is £2100.

Any opinions would be most helpful cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes the existing fence posts are in good.condition but have to be moved due to the position of them

Sponsored Links
Obviously i thought this was the right section, i am waiting on prices,
Thought i would seek opinion on here meantime

Questions that occur to me are:

What type of fence is it?
Is it pre-made panels and if so what type?
Is the price more, or less, if new posts are used? Reusing old anything can make more labour costs.
How easy is the access?

As already said, if you haven't already done so, get a couple more quotes.

Need a bit more info (as dave suggests)

Also, IN THE GARDEN is the most appropriate section for this post.

Yes the existing fence posts are in good.condition but have to be moved due to the position of them
Difficult to re-use posts, concrete post ? or timber? both will usually be destroyed during removal.

Dont know exactly what u call this type, vertical boards similar to the one below
The existing posts are driven into ground with stake like attachments on bottom of them,
They are all extremely loose and look to be in good condition so plan is to reuse where required, price includes 5 extra posts, all posts will be concreted in with new holes dug,
Access is ok, also posts are timber,
Cheers

Looks like pailing.

I am guessing the posts are currently in using spikes from what you say.

Is the quote to replace with the same? (i.e. pailing)

That is a neighbours fence, but my quote is for the same
Style of fence, my fence is down just the posts that are in.

That is a neighbours fence, but my quote is for the same
Style of fence, my fence is down just the posts that are in.

That quote seems quite expensive but there are a few unknowns which may account for it.

I haven't seen pales that close in a panel [someone else may have] nor have I seen pallisade panels over 1.8m so he may well be intending to build from scratch which would be a lot more work and a lot more expensive.

Panels normally work out cheaper and would be quicker to fit.

IMHO, I would ask for a breakdown of the quote. There will be a lot of cost in the materials (remember it's not just the wood itself) but I would want to see materials cost and labour costs first.

At least if you see those costs, you can then do your own research to see if you would be cheaper providing the same materials and just paying him for his labour.

That having been said, I have no idea of the materials or labour costs for your part of the country. I am basing the above on the fact that it ought to be cheaper in Manchester than here in The Southeast.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back