Quote for fitting power shower

Sponsored Links
Replacing old electric shower. There us currently only cold water piped where old electric shower was.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Running off the combi if it's not to expensive . As I say just need an average figure to install so I know if I'm quoted over the top tomorrow for the work involved.

Thanks

As I say just need an average figure to install so I know if I'm quoted over the top tomorrow for the work involved.

would you tell him if his price was too low or would you snatch his hand off?

:rolleyes:

have you had any recommendations, or is this someone out of the blue?

A friend recommended him as he replaced his boiler , my friend paid £2000 for the boiler to be replaced.

That's sounds slightly high to me so just need a ball park figure so I know what to expect and if he quotes alot more obviously I hit the yellow pages.

I don't mind paying what a job is worth but dont want to be taken for a ride

Why not ask the people that run checkyourprice.co.uk to send you a plumber at the rates they've specified?

I was just curious if that is the current price on average.

He is due tomorrow morning and I may not have time to call round if he comes here first thing , so was just looking for an average price to compare what I am quoted to what other people quote

By tomorrow he'll be the only one who can see the work involved, yet you'll be judging his price against a generic website or a forum of blokes who can't see your job.

You can't run a power shower from a combi boiler !!!

You will have a decent shower from a thermostatic plumbed in to the hot and cold supply, you might need to reduce the pressure slightly on the cold.

But that's about it without seeing the job.

You can get a decent thermostatic bar mixer shower with riser rail and handset from grahams with a five year warranty for less than £70 Alterna model made by bristan hard to beat !!

eighteen quid a metre...robbing bstrds. It's only a bit of plastic pipe. :LOL:

A friend recommended him as he replaced his boiler , my friend paid £2000 for the boiler to be replaced.

That's sounds slightly high to me so just need a ball park figure so I know what to expect and if he quotes alot more obviously I hit the yellow pages.

I don't mind paying what a job is worth but dont want to be taken for a ride

Your friend paid his rate then recommended him so is probably a valued customer. He's probably already detected that you're unlikely to do the same and may not even turn up tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back