Quote for new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I came across this site while looking for boiler quotes and I'm wondering if you could give me some advice?

Basically I have a very old boiler that is noisy and my radiators only come on at the top heat (the thermostat no longer works on the wall) also to get hot water I have to turn on the heating switch as well. Which is not great in this hot weather as heating is stuck on full.

I got British Gas in for a quote and they quoted me £4084 for the whole job.

The job includes: new Ideal Standard condensing boiler (not combi),powerflush, minor building work, external condense, 2 storey scaffolding (I was told this is because I live on the 2nd floor of a 2 storey block of flats and current boiler is fitted in a cupboard with flue on outside wall), controls pack and pipe reconfiguration.

I am keeping my existing radiators (5) and pipework is still of good quality. My water cylinder I was told is also still ok.

I know that British Gas are notorious for over-pricing but wondered just how much this would cost elsewhere before I part with my money. £4084 seems extortionate to me!

Cold fed from mains, hot water from tank on roof.

Many thanks,
Victoria

Sponsored Links
I will guess at £2200 excluding scaffolding.

Its difficult for me to guess what the scaffolding is actually required for but then I have not seen it!

Tony

Get two or three more quotes and go with the one you feel more comfortable with, Bg will always be much higher due to overheads and tighter working practices.

Victoria - BG and a fools money ... as they say

Ask at the town hall who they use for their social housing maintenance and see what they bid

Sponsored Links
tori276 said:
I got British Gas in for a quote and they quoted me £4084 for the whole job.

The job includes: new Ideal Standard condensing boiler

Have BG now dumped Worcester in favour of Ideal :?:

tori276 said:
.............. 2 storey scaffolding (I was told this is because I live on the 2nd floor of a 2 storey block of flats.............

You live on the roof? :confused:

Overheads :LOL: :LOL: Must be a condo :LOL: BG need scaffold then :LOL: Can`t afford a cherry picker or 2 ....Shareholders must be howling for more. Tight working :LOL: :LOL: G.R.E.E.D

I'm curious as to why you don't have to change the hot water cylinder to comply with the Building Regs. Since Part L came in a few years ago have you had a new one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back