Quote help for some electrical work

I wouldn't expect that you should pay more because he is cr@p at marketing himself!

The thing is that its difficult to fill your day with little jobs. for that reason its often difficult to get anybody to be interested in the 1-2 hour jobs.
It is more cost effective to have full day jobs.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes if you cannot get another customer in the same day you have to charge a whole day.
You might feel that you "have to", for your own financial reasons, but whether or not a sensible customer would be prepared to pay for 8 hours work when you had actually only done two is another matter. Admittedly my clients are not 'the general public', but I'm sure that I would not get away with that with any of them!

There is a potential problem with long travel times. Over the years, I've had to dump a few clients who expected me to, say, travel for 3 hours each way to a venue (i.e. 6 hours travelling), participate in a 2-hour meeting/whatever and then pay me for just 2 hours!. However, electricians and other tradespeople presumably can avoid that problem, since I don't think many would consider travelling for 6 hours in order to do 2 hours work. The smaller the job one wants of a tradesperson, the more important it becomes for one to look for a 'local' one if one wants them to be likely to agree to take the job.

Kind Regards, John

So, I'm simply wanting to know if someone quoted me £700 for this it would be laughably ridiculous, that's where I'm coming from.
If all 3 say £700 then £700 is not laughably ridiculous. It may be more than you can afford/want to pay, but that's not the same thing.

Sponsored Links
Any number of manufacturers or opticians would undoubtedly quote me similar prices for similar spectacle frames (which, unless they involve precious metals or jewels, probably cost a couple of quid or so to manufacture), but I still regard all their 'quotes' as "laughably ridiculous".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back