rabbit hutch

thanks again, all helpful stuff.
Laughing at the plush rabbit pad, with tiled ensuite! very practical though.

Sponsored Links
I am picking up tips and learning all the time on here but... Im still at crawling stage. I dont know what that is either.

I tell you what though, I am am going to learn.

It's a bit like plasterboard, except that it's not made of plaster and paper (so really it's nothing like plasterboard!!) It's made of mesh reinforced cement and is not affected by water. You can buy it in Wickes, it's a bit pricey, but might well sort you out. Aquapanel is it's trade name.

Sponsored Links
on a serious note if your going to use treated/waterproof or "unusual"materials in the des ress just make sure they are animal freindly mainly not poisonous

Don't reckon aquapanel would be toxic. I'd reckon you could probably eat it safely, it would taste awful though! maybe with some marmite, hmmm.

I use a square washing up bowl from tesco, filled with either large sawdust or combination of newspaper lining and hay.
It's about 15 cm deep, I put a couple of free weight discs to hold it in place (against the back wall).
Just need to empty it every 2/3 days, should work fine if the same place is being used

Read here
Our rabbit Charlie is 9 1/2 years old (can't hear now :cry: ) and is toilet trained indoors :!: We bought a corner tray toilet from Pet at Home for inside the hut, never has a problem. I'm training him for the 2006 world cup, he loves the football :LOL:

I was wondering if it might be less trouble to use a replaceable floor made of untreated timber, and accept that it'll have to be replaced from time to time?

I brought our rabbits in the house... ONCE...
Muck (named after a Bob The Builder character) ate through the answer machine cable in seconds.. so hubby banned them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back