Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
david and julie said:
It may may sense to you, but it is still a prejudiced and crass comment nevertheless, is there any evidence that a man with a PhD makes better husband material?

You misunderstand the quote. The premise is that all other things are equal, but I would guess that the phd may have better prospects so he may prove to be the better choice in the long run.
However, I can see that people don't want to talk about this so I will keep my ridiculous PC ideas to myself and shut up.

(Till next time, anyway.) ;)

Sponsored Links
petewood said:
david and julie said:
It may may sense to you, but it is still a prejudiced and crass comment nevertheless, is there any evidence that a man with a PhD makes better husband material?

You misunderstand the quote. The premise is that all other things are equal, but I would guess that the phd may have better prospects so he may prove to be the better choice in the long run.
However, I can see that people don't want to talk about this so I will keep my ridiculous PC ideas to myself and shut up.

(Till next time, anyway.) ;)

Its not that Pete its just one of those topics where you just chase your tale and get angrier and angrier

I wouldn't take too much notice of whether anyone else wants to talk about this Peter, if they don't want to they don't have to.

The point I am trying to make is that whilst an education may well give better employment opportunities it has nothing to do with whether they are better marraige material. A bad husband or father would be just that regardless of whether he was a brain surgeon or a labourer.

What do you think of the quality of the Sunday rag article?

Racism is a unique affliction in that those who suffer from it are those who are least concerned over it. Bigots do not agonise over whether their attitudes are properly sensitive or not.They are unashamed of their loathing for everyone who doesn't look like they do.

It seems to be saying the race issue is only about colour, which it isn't, the Jews were hated by people who looked just the same. Many British dislike the French or Germans and vise versa. The writer is, by insinuation, bringing colour into it, having said that I havent read the full article. Would you think the writer was a tad emotive? can you remember who it was by any chance?

david and julie said:
I wouldn't take too much notice of whether anyone else wants to talk about this Peter, if they don't want to they don't have to.

The point I am trying to make is that whilst an education may well give better employment opportunities it has nothing to do with whether they are better marraige material. A bad husband or father would be just that regardless of whether he was a brain surgeon or a labourer.

What do you think of the quality of the Sunday rag article?

Racism is a unique affliction in that those who suffer from it are those who are least concerned over it. Bigots do not agonise over whether their attitudes are properly sensitive or not.They are unashamed of their loathing for everyone who doesn't look like they do.

It seems to be saying the race issue is only about colour, which it isn't, the Jews were hated by people who looked just the same. Many British dislike the French or Germans and vise versa. The writer is, by insinuation, bringing colour into it, having said that I havent read the full article. Would you think the writer was a tad emotive? can you remember who it was by any chance?

A lot of people forget that the jews did and were seen to posess most of the wealth in Germany post WW1, and the German people didnt also things were made worse by industry restrictions impossed on Germany after the war and the World Depression of the 1920's and early 1930's. All this gave an excuse for an up and coming party to blame someone----the Jews.

British people resent the French for their ungratefullness and ignorance of the fact that in 2 wars we saved their country at our expense, France and Germany dont like the British because we wont agree with them which they cant understand as they are always right. The French hate everybody because they are ignorant that there is a whole big world outside its shores.

None of this is racist or about colour, the point is there is a reason as why we dont like somebody but that doesnt mean you are a racist.

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
Its not that Pete its just one of those topics where you just chase your tale and get angrier and angrier

Thanks Freddie, but I don't think I will ever get angry about what anyone may say on here.

Petewood your reverse racist PC is bias and confusing the issue. Yes I know about why the Germans hated the Jews at that time. However many still hate them because they are Jews even though they look the same. They hate them because of their nationality, which is racist, but not the colour racism you prefer to talk about.

To have a better understanding of the news article we would need to know who wrote it and how biased they are. We must remember there is now an industry in this area and some advocates of this clap trap are in it for a living.

david and julie said:
It seems to be saying the race issue is only about colour, which it isn't,

No, the article is not dismissing other areas of racism but I agree with you that the author (who's name I will try to find for you) could have included all other races instead of only mentioning other colours. I would say though that most racism in this country is directed at blacks and asians.

david and julie said:
Petewood your reverse racist PC is bias and confusing the issue. Yes I know about why the Germans hated the Jews at that time. However many still hate them because they are Jews even though they look the same. They hate them because of their nationality, which is racist, but not the colour racism you prefer to talk about.

To have a better understanding of the news article we would need to know who wrote it and how biased they are. We must remember there is now an industry in this area and some advocates of this clap trap are in it for a living.

A lot of people hate jews because of what they do in the middle east---quite understandable.

My dad used to say jews always seem to cause all the trouble in the world, well he is from that WW2 era, i suppose they have had their sticky little finger in a lot of troubled pies, but is that racist to say that even though its true????

Freddie said:
the French hate everybody because they are ignorant that there is a whole big world outside its shores.

None of this is racist

I have to disagree with you here. To denigrate someone because of their nationality is racism. You seem to be calling all French people bigotted and ignorant and yet this is not true. This would be the same as people calling all English people yobs and vandals because of the reputation of a few football fans.

petewood said:
Freddie said:
the French hate everybody because they are ignorant that there is a whole big world outside its shores.

None of this is racist

I have to disagree with you here. To denigrate someone because of their nationality is racism. You seem to be calling all French people bigotted and ignorant and yet this is not true. This would be the same as people calling all English people yobs and vandals because of the reputation of a few football fans.

Sorry Petewood but that is a general observation and view from a lot of people including myself.

French to the point----Even though the recognised international language in commerce the French refuse to speak it, so people have died in accidents at airports etc etc.

Look what happens when they have a gripe with someone, airports, ports etc are all blockaded and everyone has to suffer.

The common agricutrial policy is run around the French.

etc etc etc people call us sometimes little Englanders, well i dont know how you could describe the French and their attitude to the rest of the world.

Freddie said:
petewood said:
Freddie said:

None of this is racist

Sorry Petewood but that is a general observation and view from a lot of people including myself.

French to the point----Even though the recognised international language in commerce the French refuse to speak it, so people have died in accidents at airports etc etc.

Look what happens when they have a gripe with someone, airports, ports etc are all blockaded and everyone has to suffer.

The common agricutrial policy is run around the French.

etc etc etc people call us sometimes little Englanders, well i dont know how you could describe the French and their attitude to the rest of the world.

Xenophobic claptrap from Freddie, what's new :D

petewood said:
david and julie said:
It seems to be saying the race issue is only about colour, which it isn't,
No, the article is not dismissing other areas of racism but I agree with you that the author (who's name I will try to find for you) could have included all other races instead of only mentioning other colours. I would say though that most racism in this country is directed at blacks and asians.
I have my doubts about the whole of this article(not your comments) here is the address of the link you gave.

Banal Na Pag-aaral Inc.
7877 East Riverside Drive
Ontario CA 91761

I can't help but wonder who they are because the link doesn't say, you also said this.

Such a website need only invite you to select a picture of someone of a different skin colour, and then ask, "Everything else being equal, would you care in the slightest if this person moved in next door/married your sister/booked you for speeding?". If you click "yes" you are re-directed to www.bnp.org,uk.

Is the above your own work or an actual quote from the article you read?

The name on the link is. Banal Na Pag-aaral Inc or BNP!!!! are you sure this article has anything to do with the British National Party and what has a British political party got to do with a Canadian website?

Do a google for this "Banal Na Pag-aaral Inc." yourself and see.

Either you have innocently confused the initials or discriminately and without thinking accused the BNP (UK) of something they may not of said or the article is suspect.

What paper was it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back