Workplace harrassment/bullying....read this!

Try to very much get these tirades recorded ,poss on a mobile phone ...I suggest all complaints mad to your manager should be by email with a read receipt..I have seen a situation akin to this in the past be when the complaint went higher up the chain the bully denied ever doing it and the manager (rsole) the guy gave the letters to said "what letters" and he left the company out of disgust....record and document everything possible as this will be support for a later date.

Sponsored Links
or in VERY LOUD SHOUTY VOICE say you will not tolirate her talking to you in that manner and put in an official complaint to the owners,
also say you will be seeking legal advice on constructive dismissal?
think you do need some advice over your employment contract etc.
everything should be written down in black/white so you know where you stand.

I may be wrong but i believe you have to have been there 2 years before you can claim CD, i may be wrong so don't slate me on it, and being a scottish company the employment law may well be different to that of ours, i also work for a scottish company and i still can't work out how the wages are worked out :rolleyes: ............i mean i don't even work a week in hand...how bizarre is that :D

Sponsored Links
Has anyone mentioned trades unions yet? If you are a member, that should be your first port of call for professional advice and, if necessary, support.

Has anyone mentioned trades unions yet? If you are a member, that should be your first port of call for professional advice and, if necessary, support.

OP said in original post not in a union.

ABC, when you document everything that happens don't just put the date down. You need as much detail as possible.Put the time it happened and where. Also if there were others present and who they were. As also suggested, tape recordings on a phone or portable recorder but you must get as much of the incident as possible, not select the things you want others to hear, which obviously means you can't 'doctor' the evidence.
Good luck with it and let us know how you get on. One final thing, if she is off sick or on holiday make a specific note that she was away that day and what the atmosphere was like compared to every day atmosphere.

Personally when she strarts I would just start laughing in her face Iv'e done similiar and it really doe's work.
Another thing carefully ensuring your not seen starting moving her stuff around the office for example when she place's her keys down put them on another desk .Keep this up and in the end she will think she's lost the plot and go off sick ;) .

I agree with the last 2 posts.
Hit back (verbally).

Say "please don't take your bad mood due to vaginal dryness out on me!"

Or... (more constructively)
"please don't speak to me like that. Give me an excample of how lazy and bad at my job you think i am"
Counter her, raise your voice right back.
I'll bet she IS a bully and as such may shrink like a violet should you shout back.

Don't take it for much longer mate, otherwise she'll think you are her biatch!

If the company really is as disorganised as you describe, a written complaint is going to make no difference. If the manager really is a spineless as you describe, he's never going to stand up to her.

Using the non-existant grievance system would require someone who's going to give your complaint proper, considered attention and if he's scared of her he's just not going to do that.

My advice would be either to stand up to her and give as good as you get. You'll probably find she backs off as bullies usually do. Alternatively, find another job.

If you do some form of offical complaint/grievance, then you really must have decided already that are going to leave the company.

Imagine the atmosphere if you stay and your grievance is upheld??

the company bosses have probably noticed that they are suffering high costs and inefficiencies due to fast staff turnover.

It's time they were told why.

Go over his head. Craft a carefully worded written grievance. But first ask the "Head Office" for a written copy of their grievance procedure. You are under no obligation to tell them what issue you want to raise until you have read it (they may try to get you to say).

Meanwhile carry on looking for another job.

Try to be firm, but if you get stroppy with her, they will make it out to be your fault.

get a digital recorder...........record several sessions..............

Then one day play them back to her..............making sure the original is elsewhere where she cant get her hands on it.

Its a big thing to claim stress because of her actions against you and the company should rightly crap itself............get the evidence.

My Brother is a factory manager...........youre in a strong position but you must get the evidence and make sure she cant get her hands on it.

Once you got it a trip to the head office is in order.

I wouldn;t play it back to her. Just take it to head office. Then, if/when she denies it all it will be a double whammy and demonstrate that she is not only irrational but also a liar. She can Ommmmmmmmmmmm at her weekly Buddhist meetings all she likes then :mrgreen:

get a digital recorder...........record several sessions..............

Then one day play them back to her..............making sure the original is elsewhere where she cant get her hands on it.

Its a big thing to claim stress because of her actions against you and the company should rightly crap itself............get the evidence.

My Brother is a factory manager...........youre in a strong position but you must get the evidence and make sure she cant get her hands on it.

Once you got it a trip to the head office is in order.

Stress!! get a doctors note and 6 months off on full pay, simples, and as my wife did, do not go back there, find another job in your 6months off. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back