Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is an underlying lack of self belief and confidence in those that resort to racism that they feel obliged to take their persecution complex to extremes and make themselves angry and take it out on others that are in the minority to blame for all the troubles that they face but have most of the time brought upon themselves.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
The name on the link is. Banal Na Pag-aaral Inc or BNP!!!! are you sure this article has anything to do with the British National Party and what has a British political party got to do with a Canadian website?

Do a google for this "Banal Na Pag-aaral Inc." yourself and see.

Either you have innocently confused the initials or discriminately and without thinking accused the BNP (UK) of something they may not of said or the article is suspect.

What paper was it in?

Before you get too worked up, have another look at the link and change the comma to a dot. I must have typed it in wrongly.

The magazine was round at my mum's and I think it was either the Telegraph or the Times but I will see if she still has it this weekend. Personally I don't think it is relevant what paper it was in

Such a website need only invite you to select a picture of someone of a different skin colour, and then ask, "Everything else being equal, would you care in the slightest if this person moved in next door/married your sister/booked you for speeding?". If you click "yes" you are re-directed to www.bnp.org,uk.

Who's work is the above quote though, yours or the writer of the article?

I am not getting worked up and I always check my links are right before use.

I would say though that most racism in this country is directed at blacks and asians.

Any evidence to support this view though? Personally I would say we don't even have a race problem in this country at all. The issues are manufactured by those such as CRE to justify their existence. As I said earlier the whole area is now an industry.

I am not saying I disagree with you and I don't agree with racism either. I believe integration would be better achieved though by all parties participating in the process equally. The present method of using a one sided approach is more about being PC than anything else. You can't use a stick to force people to like someone who basically doesn't like them.

david and julie said:
I am not saying I disagree with you and I don't agree with racism either. I believe integration would be better achieved though by all parties participating in the process equally. The present method of using a one sided approach is more about being PC than anything else. You can't use a stick to force people to like someone who basically doesn't like them.
A very bold and radical idea! It would be great if all parties could do so and that this unity would spread to other causes aswell instead of the one upmanship ego in fighting that goes on in the commons instead of productive work being carried out. I just wish that whatever government gets in that they are allowed to just get on with the job and judge the results after the term not during which merely holds up the process of government.
mind you i can't see the BNP going along with the unity plan somehow can you? ;)

Sponsored Links
From dictionary.com, by no means the buck-stopper in lexicology but certainly a reliable source:

racism

1) The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2) Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Interesting that 2) makes no discrimination between "positive" and "negative" discrimination. So, when you are asked to fill in those forms saying "what race are you?", the fact that they are taking note that you are african, asian, caucasian, hispanic or whatever, means that they are inviting you to discriminate yourself. So this could be racism by proxy, I am convinced it's not right anyway.

As to the "racism problem" in this country, yes there are and always will be a number of racist people. It is a problem with a small p, not a capital P. We have murderers too, would you describe the country as having a "homocide problem"? A lot of "racism" could probably be put down to old people using non-PC terms. How many times have you heard an old lady refer to someone of colour as "that dark fella down the road"? Doesn't mean she thinks any less of them.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if the CRE has ever supported a case where a white person has been discriminated against?

kendor said:
mind you i can't see the BNP going along with the unity plan somehow can you? ;)

Ah, but when the country is fully integrated, a policy to reverse this would be as popular as a policy to discriminate against people called John. This is one area where the BNP has shot itself in the foot. They used to (and may still do) have a proposed policy to "send 'em back where they came from"... must have sounded good to them. But, 99% of the anglo-saxon population has a friend, colleague, customer, local shopkeeper etc. who would come into this category.

On top of that you get the "uncommitted racist" type, "Send them all back. Apart from my mate Dave. He's alright" :LOL:

AdamW said:
From dictionary.com, by no means the buck-stopper in lexicology but certainly a reliable source:

racism

1) The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2) Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

Interesting that 2) makes no discrimination between "positive" and "negative" discrimination. So, when you are asked to fill in those forms saying "what race are you?", the fact that they are taking note that you are african, asian, caucasian, hispanic or whatever, means that they are inviting you to discriminate yourself. So this could be racism by proxy, I am convinced it's not right anyway.

As to the "racism problem" in this country, yes there are and always will be a number of racist people. It is a problem with a small p, not a capital P. We have murderers too, would you describe the country as having a "homocide problem"? A lot of "racism" could probably be put down to old people using non-PC terms. How many times have you heard an old lady refer to someone of colour as "that dark fella down the road"? Doesn't mean she thinks any less of them.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if the CRE has ever supported a case where a white person has been discriminated against?
this is why i believe we shouldn't have such a thing as race, what purpose does it do? we should just look on ourselves as a species, Human, It would be more productive to look at ways we could make us all as a species equal rather than have class, creed or distinction.

kendor said:
[, It would be more productive to look at ways we could make us all as a species equal rather than have class, creed or distinction.

Kill off all the other races :evil:

Exactly Ken. I was brought up to answer the question of "what race are you?" as "human race". Believe it or not, the question has been asked more than once in the last 24 years :LOL:

Killemall said:
kendor said:
[, It would be more productive to look at ways we could make us all as a species equal rather than have class, creed or distinction.

Kill off all the other races :evil:
so what race should survive?

AdamW said:
Exactly Ken. I was brought up to answer the question of "what race are you?" as "human race". Believe it or not, the question has been asked more than once in the last 24 years :LOL:
what an absolutely fantastic way to bring up a person, brilliant! just wish that all children could be brought up thinking the same instead of the hatred that's instilled in them from an early age, this seems to apply to all forms of creed which is a pity but maybe it the old adage that hate breeds hate so somewhere along the line the vicious circle must be broken but by who? who is best placed to kick it off first?

Killemall said:
kendor said:
so are you truly of one race?

Unlikely. More like Heinz 57 :D
got a bit of a quandry then, so which bits you gonna hack off in order to be pure? and what creed or race
would that pure bit be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back