Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bad enough trying to decipher Pips' posts let alone others aswell :LOL:

Sponsored Links
he is saying he isnt racist but he has and will use the names u see on his script

one being the word **** > what is wrong with this we the british people as subject to the word BRITS every day in the newspapers so **** is ok

on a lighter note when i say give me the tools i will do the job ?
means ship boats planes vans anything that will load the fugees up and repatriate them forwith from whence they came from. Not my fault some of you are too scared to do it ( liberals ) if in doubt as to why this should happen go to one of you towns run down areas ( ghetto ) 9 to midnight should do it see what i mean feel free to walk arouind ( on your own ) make sure u dress well

it wont be the hoody white boy that will get ya

u going into gansta territory boy and u know it run forrest run will ring in your ears

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't ever use the shortened version of Pakistani, but I wonder if it is really as offensive as we think it is. People from Uzbekistan are Uzbeks, Khazakstan - Khazaks, Turkmenistan - Turkmen and Afghanistan - Afghans, so it kind of stands to reason that Pakistani isn't the right word either. Is it possible that we have chosen to find it offensive, but people from Pakistan don't (I don't know the answer, btw, just wondering).

Also, I used to know an elderly Sikh, and he told me that since Pakistan is an invented state, it was named after an acronym for 'Pashtun Afghanistan, Kashmiri India' but I don't know if this is true or not.....

jtaunton said:
I wouldn't ever use the shortened version of Pakistani, but I wonder if it is really as offensive as we think it is. People from Uzbekistan are Uzbeks, Khazakstan - Khazaks, Turkmenistan - Turkmen and Afghanistan - Afghans, so it kind of stands to reason that Pakistani isn't the right word either. Is it possible that we have chosen to find it offensive, but people from Pakistan don't (I don't know the answer, btw, just wondering).

Also, I used to know an elderly Sikh, and he told me that since Pakistan is an invented state, it was named after an acronym for 'Pashtun Afghanistan, Kashmiri India' but I don't know if this is true or not.....

Brit ??

Its a shame about the pakis and the Indians when you consider that they are from the same origins and now can't stand each other because of a line drawn in the dirt, but I guess you could apply that to all of us, reminds me of that star trek film about the guy that had the skin on his face stretched?? and turned out they were the children outcast from the same planet? I think it was called "Insurrection" :D ?

It Can be insulting when used as a general term for any one asian regardless of whether they come from Pakistan or not

True - In fact, now I've reflected a bit, anything's insulting if the person you say it to is insulted by it.

jtaunton said:
True - In fact, now I've reflected a bit, anything's insulting if the person you say it to is insulted by it.
very wise comment that :)

jtaunton said:

You have hit the nail right on the head there. **** is commonly used in a derogatory way, intended to insult, whereas words such as 'Brit' are not.

petewood said:
jtaunton said:

You have hit the nail right on the head there. **** is commonly used in a derogatory way, intended to insult, whereas words such as 'Brit' are not.

Freddie said:
How the hell do you know ??? You arent likely to hear it in Britain are you, but you do here it elsewhere as an insult, also in THOSE countries you do not see them bend over backwards to help and apese others in the way you are batting for everybody else in your own country before you play for your own side------i think people like you are a modern equivelant of Lord Ha Ha . !!

For a start, you see the word Brit used in the press quite often in a jingoistic kind of way. Also I have lived and worked in countries where the word is used purely as an abbreviation. As for bringing up the subject of which team people are batting for, together with your admission of taking your wife on 'dogging' trips, I think you are a bit of a sexual deviant.
I think you are the modern equivalent of a tit.

There's far more offensive racist terms for Britons (not Brits, thank you very much ;) ).

You've got your Limies, your Whinging poms, Les Roast Beefs...

Perhaps at one time the word "****" was socially acceptable: Only Fools and Horses often referred to "going down to the **** shop".

Now, it is offensive to refer to an asian by this word, because it has been adopted by racist-types to refer to asians indiscriminately (and some very, very stupid racist-types also use it to refer to black people :eek: ) Word useage gets changed in this way. I'm sure we've all read green-ink letters in the Telegraph from retired colonels about how in their respective days, "gay" was a perfectly good word for "happy".

But, have you all considered a very similar convention to the misuse of "****" you probably all follow: the majority of "Indian" restaurants in this country are actually owned, run and staffed by Bangladeshis? So, next time you decide to go out for an "indian", spare a thought for Bangladesh. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back