Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
petewood said:
Freddie said:
How the hell do you know ??? You arent likely to hear it in Britain are you, but you do here it elsewhere as an insult, also in THOSE countries you do not see them bend over backwards to help and apese others in the way you are batting for everybody else in your own country before you play for your own side------i think people like you are a modern equivelant of Lord Ha Ha . !!

For a start, you see the word Brit used in the press quite often in a jingoistic kind of way. Also I have lived and worked in countries where the word is used purely as an abbreviation. As for bringing up the subject of which team people are batting for, together with your admission of taking your wife on 'dogging' trips, I think you are a bit of a sexual deviant.
I think you are the modern equivalent of a tit.

Sponsored Links
Ah, but are the terms "Brit" and "English" actually used in a directly condescending manner? If someone says "Watch it you dumb Brit", that is a racial slur, but only because of the context.

Imagine you are at your place of work. Someone comes up to you and says "You're a Brit" and walks off. You would surely think "10 out of 10 for observation, ya weirdo!". However, if you are black and someone comes up to you and says "You're a n*****", then you would probably think the guy was racist.

However, if you do receive grief in Ireland, we have more than enough racial stereotypes and racist expressions to describe the inhabitants of Eire too! I would never have thought there would be any problems in Eire, seeing as it is independent now and culturally is similar (food, tea-drinking, beer, speaking English), but you're the one who lives there.

ok enougth of this pc crap i am going to the shop like it or not its ok to say that wtf is the matter with you lot

it isnt said in a bad way simple learn the differnce

if we are goint pc go all the way if you see the word brit in the papers try taking them to court see how u do

time to get into the real world in england if you or anyone dont like it leave

Sponsored Links
SOMEONE HAS TAKEN THE WORD OUT OF MY LAST POST ??? WHY

CENSORSHIP AGAIN I SEE

In reply to Sloggers last comment, I cannot speak for anyone else, but I find your use of the P word highly offensive.

You would never call a West Indian-run store a n***** shop, so why use the P word?

If your answer to the previous comment is "yes I would", then you should rethink your approach to the rest of the human race.

In any case, the gentleman or lady who runs that shop you are so fond of frequenting may well not be of Pakistani origin at all. They may have been born and bred here. That makes them exactly the same as you, pal.

Can you live with that? If you can't, I suggest you find yourself an uninhabited island and do us all a favour and go and f**king live there.

the words n***** and p*k* may have initially been used as a way of referring to people of those nations, but both were misused over time. therefore their meanings changed, from describing racial origin, to derogatory terms. this is why you shouldn't say them. im sure you know they're derogatory, and your arguments won't justify their use. one day 'brits' could become a such a word, if misused under the necessary circumstances.

note that calling an indian a p*k*, is not just incorrect, but will also greatly offend them. not just for using such a term, but also because pakistanis and indians aren't exactly on the best of terms. (conflict between muslims and non-muslims again)

ok so there one rule for brit and another rule for p*ki ???? this is what i am on about i go to the p*ki shop ? i go to the chi*kys ? then i go to the indians now the last one seems the least offencive as it isnt shortend but this is all we are talking about an abbreviation of the longer word you cant have the pc thing one way it has to be all the way or not at all there is no place for a two tier system and no i am not racist why would i be i am anti islam big big difference

on a lighter note there is now clothing for sale with the word p*ki on ?? seems it has been taken up as a positive not a negative by the teen asians go ask around you will find it

on a more serious note dont be calling me racist anymore ok no one can as i am not i dont go around calling you names ??? do i

jtaunton has gotten personal on me are you goiing to feel free take it down to your level you wont find me there

ps get my posts back up MOD u coward

MOD

for the last time i did not remove your post take it up with admin

you have a valid point slogger in that younger generations of those particular examples do sometimes refer to each other using those terms. one day it will probably be seen as acceptable to use either of those words.

example: black rappers talk about n***rs. when they use it, it's just a word, however when non-blacks use it, its deemed as racist. its likely that over time it will probably not be as offensive. however i as a non-black, don't think it's acceptable in current circumstances to use that phrase.

Slogger said:
on a more serious note dont be calling me racist anymore ok no one can as i am not

Racism is when you judge someone according to their ethnic origin. Do you deny doing this?

petewood- it depends what you mean by 'judge'. referring to someone as a 'white male', or a 'german', is not racist, even though you are judging them upon their ethnic origin.

Slogger said:
i go to the **** shop ? i go to the chinkys ? then i go to the indians now the last one seems the least offencive as it isnt shortend

So you freely admit that those first two are offencive [sic]?

So why don't you say the pakistani shop, or the chinese takeaway or whatever?

Like it makes a difference who runs the place anyway? If I was going down to the shop, I don't think I'd make mention of who it was run by.

Think about it - would you say, I'm going down the Welsh (or even Taffy*) shop? I'm going to the English caff?

* I mean no offence to the Welsh - I was born there.

I have had enough of your drivel and will say no more on the subject.

i agree with securespark. bringing racial origin into things when its unneccesary to do so, will be seen as racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back