rad in loft conversion within 2m of baxi combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there.

i've been asked to install a radiator in my friends loft conversion within 2m of a baxi combi boiler and was wondering if it would be easier just to tee off straight into the flow/return?

reason being its quiet a tight space and if i connect straight to the boiler manifold, its going to be difficult to clip the pipework to the wall as the boiler is only around 500mm from the floor and with the rest of the pipework in the way its going to be a problem.

this is my first job as a plumber since i done a city & guilds course and dont want to mess it up. any advice will be greatly recived.

thanks,
jp.

Sponsored Links
thanks kev. you think i should just plumb it straight into the manifold then?

Sponsored Links
under the boiler where the flow/return go into the boiler. i think there's a couple of outlets to connect to....i think, lol.

i'll slap the father in-law. it was him that called it the manifold :rolleyes:

thats the answer i was hoping for, straight into the pipework. i'll just drain down the system, once connected, re-fill then bleed all the other rads.

just hope the boiler works after i switch it back on as im not qualified to play with boilers ;)

As Kevin says cut two tees into the 22mm flow and return with 15mm centres i and then install your rad ,you will obviously have to balance the system because this one being closest to the boiler will heat up mega quick

Refill the system making sure to add some inhibtor and then bleed all rads and also open the automatic air vent on top of the pump so any excess air in ths system has way of escaping

Hope that helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back