Rad Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

A DIY man here sick of rad's going yellow :cry:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent Pure Brilliant White radiator paint that doesnt turn colour with age ?

Can anyone also just run down the process of painting rads ? Do you need a gentle sanding etc etc..

Thanks in advance.

HaC

Sponsored Links
Use the search facility - same old question week in week out.

Sponsored Links
Yes you are - and lazy too.

It takes more time to post a thread and reply to nobs like you than to do a search.

Sorry i thought this was a Forum where you actually post things to gauge conversation not just use it as a reference point. Clearly i was wrong.

I'll go off a do my searching now - cock.

Yes you were were wrong. Why you think it acceptable to insult people for pointing you in the right direction I really can't see. This is a question that's been answered a hundred or more times - go look for those questions and stop being a lazy oaf. :rolleyes:

Most oil based paints will yellow, where as waterbased wont.

You can now get waterbased enamel paints which will be better suited to dealing with the heat. Other types become soft when hot and you'd have problems if you put wet towels etc on them.

The downside to waterbased is that the quality of finish will be lower.

Alternatively you could spray them

http://www.plasti-kote.co.uk/Product/pcode---4302/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back