radial circuit question

Thanks a lot for your thoughts everyone, it's really appreciated.
Good to know I have both options available.
The reasoning behind the combined cooker and switch is that it basically saves me having to flush fit two back boxes. So just the one to worry about.
The double socket is already flush fitted on the other side of the wall where the gas cooker is plugged in. Sometimes a dish washer is plugged into the double as well, but it's very rarely used.. no more than once a year... It's used as a storage unit for cleaning utensils most of the time.

Sponsored Links
The reasoning behind the combined cooker and switch is that it basically saves me having to flush fit two back boxes. So just the one to worry about. The double socket is already flush fitted on the other side of the wall where the gas cooker is plugged in. Sometimes a dish washer is plugged into the double as well, but it's very rarely used.. no more than once a year... It's used as a storage unit for cleaning utensils most of the time.
I'm slightly confused, given that you are writing about the use of the double socket in the present and past tenses.

Like I think everyone else who has participated in this discussion, I thought that you were talking about adding the double socket - but were you perhaps just describing the situation 'as it already is' and asking us if it is OK (in which case the answer would be 'yes') - or maybe something else?

Kind Regards, John

I'm slightly confused, given that you are writing about the use of the double socket in the present and past tenses.

Like I think everyone else who has participated in this discussion, I thought that you were talking about adding the double socket - but were you perhaps just describing the situation 'as it already is' and asking us if it is OK (in which case the answer would be 'yes') - or maybe something else?

Kind Regards, John

Yep you've got that right John, sorry I wasn't being clearer.
This is already in situ minus the fact that at the moment the cooker switch is sitting in a surface mounted pattress and the fact that the wiring to the double socket has already been run in 2.5mm2.
I want to upgrade the single pattress to a cooker + switch in georgian brass, which I've ordered.
I basically wanted to make sure it's sound.

Sponsored Links
Haha yeah.
''to replace single socket patress where required''
Patress box is very old from mid-century

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back