Radiant RSF 24E slim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.
A friend of mine has this boiler. Now the boiler fires up ok and the burner runs but the hot water runs hot and cold intermittently. Also the radiators start to get warm when running the hot tap even though the heating is switched off. I thought then it must be the diverter valve motor fault. I haven’t seen the boiler yet and I don’t have much experience with these but can anyone give me any pointers before I go out to it of what it may be. When the water is running after a few seconds a light on the front “PA 40” displays in red then sometimes after a few more seconds “PA 60” comes on but the water is Luke warm and not hot as some of the water appears to be going to the rads. Can anyone help with the possible faults? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Join the CC...but Radiant are so rare that few will ever have seen them.

Hi, what’s the cc? Yes I’m guessing that, they seem to be rare, iv not even worked on one before

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian,

That’s fantastic thank you. I thought it sounds like the diverter valve, maybe blocked or siezed or the actuator. It’s throwing out air pressure switch fault but maybe if the diverter valve is working right then it maybe it’ll sort that. I guess it’s a process of elimination isn’t it?. I’ll start with the diverter valve and go from there, the rads warming on HW demand is a sign of something amiss with the diverter so hopefully it’ll cure the lot... failing that... new boiler lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back