Radiator bleed nipple/screw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Currently in the process of refurbing a house I've just bought.

Yesterday I had a nightmare when I was putting a radiator back on after I've had a room plastered.

Put the radiator on fine but went to bleed it and then nipple on one side just sheered off. Do I need a new radiator or can I fix it?? (please see photo)

//media.diynot.com/188000_187557_45836_31271026_thumb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Then went to bleed the other side to get some heat into it and dropped the screw down the floor boards and after searching for 30 mins couldn't find it. (if I can sort out the above can I buy another??

Cheers

Jacka[/img]

Sponsored Links
Looks like a one eighth BSP threaded air vent - should be able to unscrew and take to plumbers merchant for a couple of new ones and a roll of ptfe tape ;)

So that whole nut will actually come off??

That's great if it does

Cheers

jacka

So that whole nut will actually come off??

That's great if it does

Cheers

jacka

You won't get an air vent to fit as the thread is smaller than 1/8" which is the smallest size of fitting you will find at a merchants online etc (had this exact problem a few months back).

Best thing you can do is to buy the smallest cheapest radiator of that brand (myson I think but may be wrong) and rob the airing point from it to swap over.

Sponsored Links
Just checked tonight and that whole nut does loosen off so I have been able to bleed it from that. Still should replace the whole nut with bleed valve. Have measured it and its approx 11mm. Do you think I'll get one??

Email the pic to Myson and they'll send you a new one hopefully.

email removed, hopefully you got it down.

Hi doitall. Can you post again please??

Typically I intended to take it down this morning.

Cheers

David

Just for info laura has changed jobs, but passed it over to the relevant person

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back