Radiator heating when hot tap turned on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi for about two weeks my radiators heated up when hot water tape was turned on. But all of a sudden its rectified itself. Could a possible power cut have reset the boiler to fix itself as we gave not switched it off? I have no idea how it's fixed but it has

Sponsored Links
Lots of combi boilers "dump" excess heat through the heating circuit when the water has been run and turned off (the first rad on the circuit warms up), very hot weather might well make it more noticeable, It might just be that.

Nothing to worry about then? It was doing it for about a week or two

Sponsored Links
Hi so I released the pressure and for three or four days the radiators stopped heating when the tap is turned on. But they have started heating again. The pressure is still around what I released it to. Is this simply the boiler dumping extra water or something more serious?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back