Radiator Inlets/Outlets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently been to view a property and whilst looking at the radiators we noticed that the inlet/outlet were not only on the same side of the radiator but both at the bottom.

I don't believe the plumbing has been looked at for a long time, has anyone come across this before and what are the potential problems with a system of this type?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes danfoss supply them, found out when a radiator was converted to normal tvr + lsv and customer complained rads kept getting cold removed trv head and all rads then got hot :) ps theses valves also have an extra piece of 10mm tube internal fitted inside the rad 12 inches long to encorage convection

They have an internal bypass to set up the amount of flow to rad and work reasonable well, also only work on rads were you can slide the pipe into, some double panel rads you cant do this

ShowPicture.asp

don't understand why you think you wouldnt get flow on a single pipe system if the trv shuts down stopping the flow to the rad the internal bypass opens sending the flow to the other rad can be good fun balancing each rad to allow even heat on the first to the last rad, only seen these valves fitted in flats though. the rad itself works by convection the long pipe is the flow, heat rises and returns to bottom, They do work the first time I see one I thought this will never work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back