Radiator bottom right inlet outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to replace this leaking, corroded radiator.
It was here when we moved in and I have no idea where to get a replacement.
See pictures - the radiator has its inlet and outlet on the bottom right of the radiator. The manufacturers logo is in the other picture.

Was hoping to get one from wickes or similar - but seems they only sell standard ones.

I'm no plumbing expert so would rather pay more for something that will fit rather than move pipework to fit a regular radiator.

Cheers!

James

Sponsored Links
Pipe to either ends. You don't see this set up in the UK very often, but is used in a lot of other European countries.

That's a bad design anyway! The sensor will pick up the convected heat from the rad when it is on the top like that. The valve will then shut off before the required room temp is reached.
I say do the pipework thing, it's worth it!

Try ultraheat, some of their radiators are designed for this setup. Very common on the continent, and the stat doesn't pick up any more heat than it would being directly above a hot pipe.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to Dad-Tayzyboy we spent the morning finding microbore tubing and fittings, stocked me up with various tools/blowtorch etc and we ended up routing the piping to a "normal" radiator.
24h and no leaks and nice and warm! - so far so good!

[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back