Radiator installation for downstairs toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Our downstairs toilet does not have a radiator and as you can imagine gets incredibly freezing in winter. There's a lot of mould in the corner of the room (exernal walls where the stopcock is situated) that we presume is damp caused by condensation, that's spreading; so we were thinking about looking into having a radiator installed.

I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on how big (and expensive) a job like this would be. The toilet has a small sink which can run hot water, but I have no clue about how much hassle would be involved.

The floor is concrete.

I'd obviously get more than one quote, but I would just like to be given an indication as to an estimated figure, or if I should rather look into having some sort of electrical heater installed which might be a simpler job (but more expensive to run, I realise).

We don't use the downstairs toilet that much but it would be nice to be able to take the edge off the cold in winter (and fingers crossed make sure that the mould doesn't come back.)

Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links
The radiator would not be connected to the basin's hot water, but to the central heating flow and return pipes, so it would depend on where a suitable connection to this can be made. The radiator would need sizing for the room and fabric and ventilation heat loss calculation made, then the pipes can be sized and routed.
It is impossible to give a estimated or guesstimated cost.
It would take an on-site visit to have a chance of pricing up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back