Radiator issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a radiator that is quite cool if 1 is selected on the TVR, but boiling hot if 2 is set. The settings above this dont seem to make much of a difference. Is this likely to be the TVR?

Also, does anyone know how to remove the top of a ancient BOSS TVR. I cant see any collar under the head.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
By TVR I assume you mean TRV and you're not wondering why your car is affecting your heating.

The TRV controls the radiator relative to the air temp around it according to where the TRV is set. It does not affect the touch temp of the rad, until it closes the rad off because room temp has been achieved.

If the the radiator never cools at, say setting 3, then it has possibly had it or the room may never be achieving the temp corresponding to 3 on the TRV.

Regarding your Boss TRV; got a pic?

When you manage to remove it swap it with one that you know works properly and see if that makes a difference that will tell you if it has had it or not.

Hi Thanks for the replies,

Yeh sorry TRV is what I meant. It could well be what your saying regarding the room not getting up to the corresponding temperature as it is in the kitchen and this is not the warmest of rooms.

I enclose images for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Sponsored Links
To get the head off wind top until it is fully open then slide the bottom ring of plastic up towards the head then the head will come off. then buy a new head. same make.

Hi,

The pin appears quite free ( well I can move it with a pair of plyers without much effort ). Could my problem still be related to the TRV head or is it more likely that the radiator isnt able to heat the room.

Thanks

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back