Radiator not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have read a few previous posts, but they are not specific to my problem. I hope someone can help out there.

I have a combination gas boiler and all the other radiators are working fine except one in the back bedroom - it has not worked for months and now it is too cold and i need to get it fixed.

I tried turning all other radiators off and leaving the heating on and nothing happened.

I tried bleeding the radiator and i could here air coming out, but water was coming out too.

After bleeding the radiator the pipe from the floor to the radiator started to get warm but the radiator is still cold. I left it for a bit and the pipe went cold again - i bled it again and it warmed up but still nothing to the radiator.

The radiator has a control on the left hand side showing a plus and a minus and the words 10 bar - this is the one that is getting warm when i bleed it.

The other side is the thermostat to decide how warm i want it

Any advice would be greatful received :confused:

Denise

Sponsored Links
sorry for being dim but what is the TRV valve?

The thermostat thingy is at maximum and the knob on the otherside wgich says + and - is in the middle

So sorry of this doesn't help you

the thermostatic rad valve (trv) with numbers can you unscrew it.
under the plastic part where the numbers are is a knured metal part that unscrews and seperates the two parts.

Sponsored Links
sorry i am being no help here whatsoever

I am looking at the valve - the one with the numbers on it

There is the valve that you can turn clockwise and anti clockwise

The underneath that is 3 little teeth that can move up and down

underneath that is a big nut, then there is a pipe going into the radiator and them the pipe from the floor to the valve with a nut on it

Does this help at all

so sorry for being thick

should be a nut just under the teeth as you say.

not a nut that holds the valve on the pipe.

Yes there is a nut under the teeth - what should i do with it?

Should i unscrew it?

Thanks again for all your help?

should unscrew by hand. take it off.
you should see a brass pin in the centre of the valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back