Radiator problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP its doing my ed in
i added 2 rads in my conservatory.
I drained down the system so i could add an inibitor when filling.
I added the Rads and everything was fine
I switched the water back on and added the inibitor after an hour or so after the air was out i opened the LSV and continued to free the air from the bleeds.
Now the Problems start no matter what i do the rads are all aired and not hot, i have tried i think every thing,
if i open the LSV too much then i get a few rads that are cold.
The boiler is well big enough its an IDEAL FF250 not combi, My next door neighbour has done this and has same system
ANY TIPS PLEASE -PLEASE

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
nearly all of them, i have had to close the lsv to get hot to rads in conserrvatory

Hey,

Have you bled the system from the auto air vent?

Also have you bled the pump?

Sounds like you still have air in the system. You can't always bleed all of the air via a radiator as is it not always the highest part in the system.

Rich

Hi

Sounds like the system needs balancing properly.

FYI salamander-engineering.co.uk/technicalcentre/faq/faq.htm

HTH

As an up date
I have turned all the rads off except the 2 new ones to force pressure through them - they remained luke warm.
I then put hose pipe on to drain some water off and the water started to come out warm.
closed the drain then opened all the rads - the hottest i closed the lv a little until all existing rads were quiet warm - but the 2 in conservatory are 1 warm ish and 1 coldish????
Any help would be appreciated as i am losing it

If air is the problem do i bleed from top?
if slude put an chemical in
What if its a blocked cold feed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back