radiator question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have moved to an old flat. In the kitchen is a single radiator, however the pipes run across the skirting, they are really thin pies so i guess it must be old plumbing. I do not need to use this radiator, what is the best way to get rid of it and the pipes? can they be capped off?

Sponsored Links
You can just cap them although I would cut the pipe back to avoid dead legs. :D

Sure, just the wet stuff to contend with. Probably simplest to freeze the pipes then use compression caps - saves draining and refilling.

Sponsored Links
You say the pipes are really thin, perhaps they are "microbore" - 8mm or 10mm. In which case capping them off may not be so simple. What is the outside diameter of the pipes?

Should have said compression "stop ends", like this:
9988.gif

Plumbers merchants should have them, otherwise bes.ltd.uk item 6730 etc

Difficult to find compression stop ends for 8mm, I think. Might be simplest to connect 8mm pipe ends together with straight connector and squeeze pipes flat to stop flow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back