Radiator/rail in the bathroom takes forever to heat up?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After having the bathroom refurbed earlier in the year we had a chrome towel rail rad installed.

When the heating is put on all the rads in the house heat up really quickly but this one takes over an hour??

It has got a valve on either side which resemble the bottom left of these -

http://www.bathroomstuff.co.uk/product81.html

When the rad was first fitted I could turn these easily about 8 turns but now both are very hard to turn for me to try and adjust the heat/flow through them?

Any idea's?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
is the valve jamming inside and not opening fully.
as i have a set of them and they are easy to turn on a lounge rad.

They turn easily, but only for a turn or 2, then it is nigh on impossible! They used to turn 4 times each valve IIRC?

It does heat up and go very hot, it just takes a while! I am a bit confused as to why these valves dont turn like they used to what with them being pretty new?

Sponsored Links
I see how that could cause it but all other rads work fine?

What is the solution?

Cheers

are all the others the same valve ?
either remove and a bit of wd 40 or replace. not much you can do really.

Was the system flushed through when the refurb was done ? If not, you may have to get the rail removed and flush it out, along with running some water through the valves. This may help.

Is there nothing simple I can try myself first before I pay hand over fist to another plumber? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back