Radiator Shelf Brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where I can get hold of the above?
I`ve tried all the usual places including a short web search and they seem to be almost extinct which in these days of energy efficiency seems daft. Surely there must be a market for them.
I`ve previously managed to use decent `London` type brackets but its very difficult to get a fixing into the wall above the rad that can`t be seen.
Any ideas welcomed.
Mike :confused:

Sponsored Links
are these recommended? i've never seen them before but they seem like a logical way to help circulate heat around a room. Anyone here used them?

I had to make a number of radiator shelves for a church building a little while ago. I couldn't find any suitable brackets.

I used English oak for the shelves and routed slots in the underside for mounting brackets, which I made by cutting down these; the front edge of the shelf hid the cut end of the bracket. Cutting was easy with a hacksaw and the finished job looked fine.

It occurred to me afterwards that I could have built the shelves in an L shape with a vertical piece of oak screwed to the back, and drilled to fix to the walls. However, this would probably have made the job much more expensive, and a bit less strong (I had to allow for people thoughtlessly leaning on the shelves while chatting to their friends).

Sponsored Links
I found some of these in the stock at our factory in Devon and tried them out at home with a laminated chipboard shelf. I was really pleased with the result as they help mix the air and throw heat in to the room rather than behind the curtain.

I was actually so pleased they are back in manufacture and sold under the Zamba and Spur Shelving brands. Available from from small DIY stores across the country. They can get them from Direct at bira if you need any.

We use renewable electricity to make them and use wrought iron for extra strength, powder coated with ultra low bake powder coat to save on greenhouse gasses and there made in Devon!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back