Beginner DIY man, on here to learn, shelf advice please...

Before DIY forums advice...

After DIY forums advice...

Thanks guys!!! Actually pretty chuffed :)

Now time for the shelf, I've got the screws, brackets, fixings etc...Any tips? I'm a bit worried about drilling back into the wall, don't want to ruin it again...I have marked where the holes were previously, so that's covered! How do I make sure I drill a neat hole?

Thanks again!

Alex

Sponsored Links
Looks like you've done a good job of it, congratulation!
To drill the hole you need a spirt level, tape measure and a pencil for starters.
Mark out your where you want the holes to be on the wall with the pencil, using the tape and level to allign correctly.
Using a drill bit a little smaller than the closed end of the plug/anchor you are using (if it's a metal anchors your using, use the same size bit), then drill a hole through the center of your mark, trying to keep the drill shaft horozontal as you drill.
If you use the drill on rotary action to sink the bit into the wall to start with, then hammer action if needed, the potential of damage to the wall will be reduced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back