Radiator sizes don't fit between my existing valves :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Took my old rad off in my kitchen as I've replastered and fitted new kitchen.

The distance between the 2 valves is 1160, the closest sized rad I can find to that is 1100.

My question is will my pipework have to be adjusted or are the any extension pipes which I could use to make up the extra 60mm ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. Is that how you measure for these? The 1160 is the gap between the 2 nuts on the valves that screw onto the rad.
Is that defanitly the sizes I'd need for the 1100 rad?
I know it sounds obvious but just wondered if you have to take any threads into consideration.

Sponsored Links
I would just get 2x 30 mm extensions if i was you there will be slight play in the valves i imagine trust me you will get it to fit!

If you have the old rad, you could put a tape measure across the front at the bottom and measure the distance betwwen the two stubs where rad valve tails screw in. Then same on new rad. This will give you the difference in length of rad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back