Radiator Takes a long time to heat up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a problem with a radiator taking a long time to heat up.

They system I've got is a open vented system. The radiator is the furthest one in the loop and is also the largest (Double Panel, 1.6m)
It's a new radiator but the one before was the same, it does eventually get hot. It takes probably 45 minutes to get hot all over and the return line seems to only ever get luke warm.

I've tried turning off all the other radiators in the house by the lockshild valve and it still doesn't get warmer any quicker.

I've opened the drain valve under the radiator and hot water comes down the return line very quickly and heats up the return line which I'd expect.

I've replaced the pipework and valves (none seemed to be blocked) to the radiator in the room but can't get to the main lines as they are under the floor.

I'm currently running sentinel x400 through the system to see if this will help once I drain it.

Any other suggestion as to what might cause this, all other radiators seem ok. Do I have blockage in the main feed or return pipe at one of the joins maybe? I really don't wnat to have to lift the floor boards up.

Am I just being impatient and the radiator will take this long and the return line not get hot?

Thanks

Keith

Sponsored Links
Could it poss need balancing, if hot water is running at same time this is likely to be taking president, or perhaps you have the pump low or a weak pump.

No expert but have come accross these as problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back