radiator thermostatic valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a quote for a new boiler, 12 radiator thermostats and a new hot water cylinder. £4,500.00 :eek:

Think I will start by fitting the rad thermostats myself. Can anyone advise which are the most reliable type please.

Sponsored Links
Drayton TRV4's or Honeywell VT200's, probably. Anecdotal evidence really, nobody does proper tests!

Sponsored Links
I bought the Rolls Royce valves and need some info please. Can someone advise , I have a 30 year old Danesmore oil boiler 80,000 btu running 13 rads and a copper tank. The rads have a 28mm pumped circuit from the boiler and the hot water tank has a convection circuit, I think, need to check. However do I need to leave the bathroom rad so it can convect all the time? or can I fit trv's to all.
The info with the valves tells you not to fit one in the room with a room thermostat which makes perfect sense.
I remember 30 years ago I fitted a Coal boiler system and as you don't have a lot of control over the heat so you needed to get rid of exccess heat by convection.
Next year I intend to upgrade the boiler so I don't want to do anything that I have to change when I do upgrade.
any help is much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back