Radiator Thermostatic Valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm looking to fit thermostatic valves to my exiting 10mm fed radiators. The range of valves available is extensive and mind boggling!

Anyone willing to offer recommendations of their preferred brand/type for efficiency and reliability?

Cost is not an issue.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Danfoss Honeywell and I've found calleffi ecocal trvs good.

If it costs less than £10 don't bother

I've bought a couple of Danfoss RASC2 valves but disappointed that I am unable to connect it to my existing 10mm pipework fitting. How is a compressed olive removed without without damaging the pipe?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Biggest waste of money known to Mankind.

Your wife will go round and open them all up to full in the belief that it will warm the house up quicker.

Seriously; don't bother.

I've bought a couple of Danfoss RASC2 valves but disappointed that I am unable to connect it to my existing 10mm pipework fitting. How is a compressed olive removed without without damaging the pipe?

Cheers

You either reuse the nut and olive from the old valve with a turn of ptfe, if that doesn't work (thread different etc) then you need to either cut or twist the old one off. A removal tool can be bought but not value for money if your not using it a lot.
Use a Junior hacksaw and saw 3/4 way through at an angle then a plain screwdriver into the slot and twist, it should snap clear. I remove them with a pair of vice grips tightened just enough to grip but there's a knack to that without compressing the pipe.

If the pipe has been 'necked', i.e. the olive has been over-compressed, then that piece of pipe needs to be replaced.

Give the Drayton RT212s a miss....the heads easily jam up making them difficult to turn. I also come across many where the sensing mechanism has failed jamming the valve closed.

Danfoss Ras C2 or Honeywell everytime. Consider a reducing set to fit 15mm valves to 10mm pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back