radiator trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi folks, i am new to this site and have a problem, yesterday i removed a radiator so plasterer could do his stuff, turned valves off first, now radiator is fitted back on to wall, turned valves on but no radiator in my home works, what have i done or should have done and how can i correct this and get system working again (was fine before removed radiator)
thanks andy

Sponsored Links
We need to know what type of system it is, combi, open vent, system etc, boiler type, make & model and anything thing else you can tell us.

My x-ray specs have broken at the mo :eek:

its an "ideal classic" boiler not a combi type, i took radiator off by closing valves then whan put it back after plastering i cannot heat radiators of hot water, boiler comes on for a few seconds then stops, was ok before removed rad, didnt drain system though, i just put rad back on and opened valves. . . then nothing, can you help

Well assuming it is open vent, firstly bleed all your rads if needed, check small tank in loft is full of water, check pump is actually spinning when call for heat.

Remove large center screw and insert flat bladed screwdrive and turn pump manually.

Small amount of water should also come out whilst doing this.

Sponsored Links
tried that matey, propeller is spinning so i replaced screw. i think i have an air lock somewhere but dont know how to solve it

Try turning some of the radiator valves off, to force the airlock through, then bleed.

been trying to bleed pipes, water already coming out when open air lock, my boiler comes on for a few minutes then goes off, maybe its something else, pump doesnt seem to be pumping water through pipes anymore although propeller is spinning i really dont have a clue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back