Radiator TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you buy manual shut off caps for some old terrier trv's as a friend needs to remove radiator, TRV's he's got only turns down to a frost setting.

Sponsored Links
I doubt you can buy them seperately as all new valves come with one.

You may have to just beg, borrow or steal one :eek:

Can you buy manual shut off caps for some old terrier trv's as a friend needs to remove radiator, TRV's he's got only turns down to a frost setting.

I am having a similar problem with Honeywell TRVs, so I emailed Honeywell to ask if the caps were available. They emailed back saying how many and we'll send them to you!

Give Pegler a ring; you may get 'em for free as well!

greenc said:
Put a 1p piece between the pin and the head.

If you can't make that work, let me know and I'll look out some deco caps.

Sponsored Links
if the rad shuts off on frost setting remove the rad, remove the tail from the rad and fit back on the valve and blank off the male MI end with a female cap, you will never ever have a problem with water passing through if you do it this way

if the rad shuts off on frost setting remove the rad, remove the tail from the rad
Don't do that - if there's any latent problem with the boss in the rad then you'll unnecessarily provoke a problem.

...and fit back on the valve and blank off the male MI end with a female cap, you will never ever have a problem with water passing through if you do it this way
You will if the TRV head is faulty and doesn't close the valve. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back