Removing radiator from combi system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got to remove a radiator to decorate behind it. I know I've to turn the TRV to the off position and not rely on the frost setting - but the TRV on it doesn't have an off position - just the frost setting. What do I do?

Sponsored Links
You need a decorators cap to be sure Alison. Alternatively if you have standard connectors on the valves then just be quick and it's not too cold, then you may get away with shutting it down at both ends, draining the rad and then have a stop end cap ready to fit on each side.

shopping

Ahh thank you. I've got a couple of them from the old boiler so hopefully they'll fit. By good luck, in this heat, the heating isn't on LOL

Its a pretty sound move to flush the radiator out immediately its been removed....take it into the garden and give it one with the hose pipe just to stop the black crud inside solidifying.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I've brought it down to mine to do that - mother doesn't have water outside. The bloomin caps I had don't fit - I think maybe they're imperial. The heating isn't on at all just now - switched off at the boiler - so should it be fine for a day or two till I get the decorating done?

You may have the alternative fittings that have rubber seals in them, they tend to be larger fittings. Should be ok, just wrap the pipes up in some towels just in case there is any let by on the valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back