Radiator valve 15mm to 10mm reducer fitting.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have bought six 15mm to 10mm valve reducer compression joints. Can anyone tell me if I need to use some plumbers mate when I place the 2 halves of the compression joint into the valve and onto the pipe. Or will the joints be ok as they are?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have bought six 15mm to 10mm valve reducer compression joints. Can anyone tell me if I need to use some plumbers mate when I place the 2 halves of the compression joint into the valve and onto the pipe. Or will the joints be ok as they are?

Not plumbers mate no, they should be good as is but most guys rub something like LSX, Plumba, Jet blue or similar on to the olive when in position before tightening, Belt and Braces

Thanks PlumGas,

Can you confirm that I have the pieces of the joint in the right order.

There are 3 pieces. The larger piece goes in the valve, the olive goes in the middle and the smaller piece goes in the nut that screws onto the valve end. The olive sits in between the two other pieces in the small chamfers of both pieces.

Thanks .. :)

Sponsored Links
That is the correct order.
The large piece should have a stop to prevent the pipe being pushed in too far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back