Radiator Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved into a new house and was looking into removing the radiator so I could paint behind it in the next few weeks when I start decorating. When looking at the valves, one end has a TRV and the other a different type. I closed the TRV and then went to close the other valve and found it was already 100% screwed clockwise already. When I turned it anti clockwise it started leaking from the connection, this leak stopped again when i turned it back clockwise 100%. I have tried tightening the nut on the connection but this made no difference.
The radiator heats ups when the TRV is open and has been in use the since we moved in without me knowing about the other valve. Is this dangerous to have one valve completely closed and could it cause problems for the rest of my central heating system?
I will obviously get this fixed when I remove the radiator for decorating but want to know if i need to have this radiator turned off the whole time until then?
cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back