Radiators from Bestheating.com - anyone got any experience ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm looking to install some new radiators and i've been drawn to the traditional 3 column Milano Windsors being offered by Bestheating.com
I'm particularly curious about their ability to offer a 20 year guarantee whereas it appears that the industry norm is typically 5 years but occasionally 10 years
For example, if i looked at the Stelrad equivalent, their guarantee is 5 years

Has anyone got any experience or thoughts on Bestheating radiators and the quality please ?

thanks in advance

Bestheating - Milano Windsors

Sponsored Links
Fitted loads of Milano Aruba, they seem pretty decent. Never had to bother them for the warranty so can't comment on that

I bought four Bestheating Aruba's just over two years ago. They perform perfectly fine but I have noticed recently that the finish paint is separating from the radiator at the top corner in two of the four. I am waiting until the winter is over before raising a complaint, so cannot comment on the warranty

Regards

Tet

@muggles @Tetrarch - thanks both for your replies
Can i assume that you both mean Aruba's and not the Aruba Ayre's ?
Interesting to hear the paint issue after a couple of years which is disappointing
Seems the finish used by Bestheating is white powder coated finish

Sponsored Links
@muggles @Tetrarch - thanks both for your replies
Can i assume that you both mean Aruba's and not the Aruba Ayre's ?
Interesting to hear the paint issue after a couple of years which is disappointing
Seems the finish used by Bestheating is white powder coated finish

Yep

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112-110130.png
    Screenshot_20240112-110130.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 25
Hi all,

I'm looking to install some new radiators and i've been drawn to the traditional 3 column Milano Windsors being offered by Bestheating.com
Please do consider their heating potential, they won't directly replace standard convecting radiators (output v output) in anything but the smaller of rooms as far as how well and quickly they heat the space.

thanks for the reply @Madrab
I've currently got 2 x Ximax duplex P1's and have had them for a number of years (~10 years), but we are looking for a design change hence we a thinking of going more traditional.
Also, the heat output has never been great and they are positioned in the wrong place we feel in our lounge so want to reposition the new ones.
I've measured up our lounge (its an odd shape but have chopped up into rectangles) and populated a few online calculators with insulation, window sizes, # of outside walls etc etc and estimate we need around 13k BTU
My plan was to get 2 of the new ones installed and see how they perform and how we go for a bit but i may go for 3 and over spec as i'd be taking the opportunity to give the system a clean so may aswell do it all in 1 hit

Do you have any experience of these Milano Windsor radiators @Madrab ?

I bought some Aruba from Best Heating a few years ago - they're still good, but since then, their prices have gone up quite dramatically.
Recently I was looking to buy another, and i may be wrong, but I believe Radiator Outlet share the same OEM, at a reduced price.
In the end, I bought from Radiator Outlet, but I didn't get an Aruba equivalent, so I'm afraid I can't make a direct comparison - but the rad I bought was of a decent quality.

Example here...
Screenshot_20240112-170919_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240112-171100_Chrome.jpg

@RandomGrinch thanks for your input.

So I’m looking at the Milano Windsor traditional style radiator not the Aruba but my question is more around how bestheating can offer a 20 year guarantee
It seems to be double what most other radiators offer

You may be over-thinking this.

I see lots of cheapo pressed-steel radiators 30 or 40 years old that are fine except for the paintwork looking tired and jaded. And some that have pinholed and need replacing.

Much depends on system water quality.

"Bestheating" may be a reseller company with little prospects of being around in 19 years time to honour any implied or express warrantee.

@RandomGrinch thanks for your input.

So I’m looking at the Milano Windsor traditional style radiator not the Aruba but my question is more around how bestheating can offer a 20 year guarantee
It seems to be double what most other radiators offer
Sorry, the point I failed to make, was that the extra warranty equates to extra cost - is 10 years extra worth £180?

If they are from the same OEM, the MTTF would likely be similar - it's a game of odds!

(Although the increased colour choice on the Windsor may make it worthwhile)

Screenshot_20240112-180541_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240112-180609_Chrome.jpg

Edit...
And for anyone interested, Best Heating is a brand run by "Limitless Digital Group Ltd", a company operating in it's current form since 2004, sourcing products from China, Turkey, Poland, UK and Italy to supply to customers via the internet.

Last edited:
but my question is more around how bestheating can offer a 20 year guarantee
They tend to be guarantees against manufacturing defects. You'll never be able to prove that after a few years, it's just a sales tactic.

thanks for all the replies

so can i ask a different question regarding BTU
As mentioned, i've measured up my lounge which is an odd shape into rectangles and calculated an overall BTU whereby the overall sqm2 is 98.325 thus i've calculated it at 13809 BTU
i've included the patio doors, # of outside walls, insulation etc

now i've seen some people mock BTU vs Watts due to old school approach but at the end of the day, if a radiators output is measured in both which all manufacturers specify, am i missing something...its just a measurement, like cm's are to Inches isn't it ???

Do you have any experience of these Milano Windsor radiators @Madrab
Not with that model specifically no, I have installed lots and lots of different types of columns though, some exactly the same design. The ones you are suggested are probably one of the better columns to go for (traditional multi piped columns with air gaps) - their design is more 60/40 radiation/convection as far as their heat profile is concerned.

As far as BTU's against Watts is concerned, it's the same as pints against litres really. They are both measurements of the same thing, it's just one is, I guess, imperial, the other is metric.

Heat loss calculator concerns themselves with some basic standards, over and above the measurements input but all in all they are getting better.

All I can say though is that columns aren't as efficient at space heating as convection rads are therefore they usually take more overall energy to make a given sized space warm enough purely as they take longer to heat the space than a normal convecting rad of the same output would.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back