radiators have stopped working (single mum)

Yep, still haven't learnt. Is that the eighth or ninth pint talking? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
seeing as i haven't had a drink for a week

is that the left or right one talking :?: :?: :?:

and just out of interest this post started "please answer a single mum"

then went to "boiler half working "

then we got the third title :rolleyes:

stoatqueen said:
it's a, don't knogas central heating boiler that works both radiators and water and it has C1 on it and it's 7 yrs old but looks quite modern. Sorry hope the info is useful, don't really know what i'm talkining about.

must surely be the British gas C1 copy of the worcester.

stoatqueen said:
All of a sudden my radiators have stopped working, the boiler is making all the right noises and the lights are on and the hot waters working. The boiler is about 7yrs old. Just had loads of work done, can't bare it if i've gotta have people come in and mess my house up again (or afford it) any replies would be appreciated x

You may have a large copper cylinder in a cupboard somewhere which is being heated using electricity.

The fan on your boiler or the pump or both may be going round creating the impression it is on.

Sponsored Links
Oilman, thanks for your kind reply.
Kev, do you have to keep pointing out my typos.

The boiler heats the water, I don't have a cylinder. The water is still hot (thankfully) but the radiators that are heated from the same boiler are stone cold.

I don't think there are any typing errors here for your amusement kev.

Kev, do you have to keep pointing out my typos.

where :?: :?: if you mean the title change it was confusing

I don't think there are any typing errors here for your amusement kev.

don't amuse me at all, i leave that sort of crap to a certain pretentious pratt :evil:

1st question

is the pump running (not sounds like ) check it first ;)

If nickso is correct in it being BG C1, how about the diaphragm?

Unfortunatley stoatqueen whatever is said on here I think you need to get a CORGI in to resolve this. He should know how to open the boiler :LOL:

kevplumb said:
seeing as i haven't had a drink for a week

Maybe if you had a few then, you wouldn't be so tetchy :rolleyes:

gas4you said:
get a CORGI in to resolve this. He should know how to open the boiler :LOL:

Or if he doesn't he'll look at intelligently then ask you to make a cup of tea and search frantically for the how the fick to get the front off code.

Might be grab the large white bit slid upwards and pull forwards if it's a worcester.

At least he will know what a pump looks like and how to test it.

Single mum? six foot five bricky called steve more like :!: Kev you don't have to explain your drinking habits to these numpties, it's non of their buisnes. Stright Talking One liners with a bit of fun added will do me ;)

You're in with a chance there Kev, obviously someone who likes a guy with a strong "drinking" arm ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back