Radiators not heating up

It goes to 400 ,but the way it works is... Engineer arrives ,diagnoses and advises you of time it will take / and the price bracket .At which point you can say go ahead or no thanks.However ,you must pay the half hour charge come what may . which is fair enough.

Sponsored Links
oddly it has come on now... but only lukewarm and very slowly heating up

in over 20 mins only the radiator is in the hallway has become lukewarm. But the hot water from hot is very very hot

Yes ,its obviously restricted. Probably a bit of cruds got in there from draining down maybe ,just unlucky !!
Ps a mate of mine just had BG out ,fitted new diverter service kit ,twenty mins and , 90 quid. On their one off boiler repair. Not same boiler as yours ,cant remember what his is ,think its a biasi. Anyway good luck with it.

Sponsored Links
I have a combi boiler yes, a baxi combi 80e.
Thinking whether to try fitting a new complete diverter assembly.

What is the best way for me to flush out the boiler and central heating system of all/any luck please?

It goes to 400 ,but the way it works is... Engineer arrives ,diagnoses and advises you of time it will take / and the price bracket .At which point you can say go ahead or no thanks.However ,you must pay the half hour charge come what may . which is fair enough.

From British Gas website...
"Things we don't cover
Removing sludge or scale or repairing the damage it causes if we tell you it might be a problem for your system or boiler"

That might leave me a bit stuck might it not??

Got it sorted, called a plumber and he talked through how to best to remove the nut on the diverter manifold and try replacing the push rods inside the manifold. I could not previously remove that nut. I put in a new rod with some grease and it did the trick... woohoo!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back