radiators not working but boiler is

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i wonder if anyone can help with this, i went to switch my central heating on last night and the radiators failed to heat up, i still had hot water and have a combi boiler. i have been plauged with central heating and boiler problems since moving in to my house 4 years ago, and about 18 months ago got this new combi boiler. i have checked the water level ans all is ok. i have had a little fiddle with various switchs but to no avail. i also relised that the noisy pipes were silent when i attempted to switch the heating on. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You have told us you have central heating, a fairly new combi boiler and that the radiators don't get hot. We need more detailed information. Please read the post at the top of the forum.

right i understand now, admittedly i was a bit hasty and failed to read the info at the top of the forum. so to ensure i provide most of the required information i'll try again, however i am not at home so may have to come back to some of these.

1) Boiler make / model (gas or oil)
GAS BOILER, DO NOT HAVE MAKE AT HAND.

2) What is / is not happening
HAVE HOT WATER BUT NO HEATING, WHEN HOT WATER IS RUN, THE LITTLE RADIATOR LIGHT FLICKERS ON AND OFF BUT SOON GOES OUT, RADIATORS DO NOT GET HOT OR EVEN WARM.

3) Has ANYTHING else been done / changed recently
NOTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED, I HAVE NOT USED THE CENTRAL HEATING FOR APROX ONE WEEK.

4) When did it (problem) start
NOTICED YESTERDAY EVENING, WHEN RADIATORS FAILED TO HEAT UP.

5) When does it happen? eg, heating coming on or going off
HEATING FAILS TO COME ON WHEN SWITCHED ON.

6) Anything else you feel may be of relevance
BOILER 18 MONTHS OLD, RADIATORS MAYBE AT LEAST 20 YEARS OLD.

please excuse the use of capitals, these are not being used to constitute shouting. i appreciate any help.

right i now have all the information. the boiler is a ferroli f24 gas combi . i have bleed all radiators to no avail, when i run hot water which i can get the central heating stand by light flashes, this however goes out after a few mins. the central heating circuit light does not stablise at all. radiators stine cold and no sound from pipes.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back